About the planning & transport research centre
the way forward
PATREC applies innovative research to support decision makers in the areas of infrastructure, transport and land use throughout the Perth Metropolitan Area and Regional Western Australia.
Insights are generated by PATREC from mining data from the past, extracting present day statistics, integrating these with contextual layers of data to create viable and meaningful future scenarios.
The result for our clients is informed and smart transport, land-use and infrastructure planning. The information we are able to provide to State, Regional and Local Government Authorities greatly enhances their investment certainty.
The PATREC entity, is a research collaboration amongst:
- The University of Western Australia
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Department of Transport
- Main Roads Western Australia; and
- Western Australian Planning Commission
Capitalising on PATREC’s extended [international] network of academic expertise and policy partners, our value proposition is to broker and conduct applied research and teaching in support of policy in the connected spaces of transport and land use planning through the following four key strategic activities:
- multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional applied research in response to identified agency research requirements and knowledge gaps;
- knowledge transfer through academic and less formal publications, connection events and a website as a reliable and accessible resource for researchers and policy-makers;
- training, predominantly in the form of professional development through short courses, executive programs and “expert” courses on key topics, conducted in collaboration with other professional and industry bodies where possible; and
- attracting additional research funds through business development
in order to advance the knowledge base and forge new and innovative evidence-based solutions for effectively planning and managing Western Australia’s future.
PATREC & the PERTH metro in focus
Let’s Get in Touch
Planning and Transport Research Centre
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway (M087)
Crawley, Perth Western Australia 6009
Phone: 08 6488 3385