Research opportunities for students
PATREC collaborates with our university partners in the supervision of Masters and PhD research topics. Contact us to discuss further if you have a research proposal in line with PATREC focus areas.
Below shows a list of potential topics we suggest.
Detailed Alternate Modal Trip Cost Comparison
Defining and testing a framework to consider a wider range of costs for trips taken using different modes and provide a method to compare costs for different modes for a specified journey
‘Missed Connections’ in the Perth Public Transport Network
Developing and evaluating a methodology to identify areas within the Perth PT network where minor changes in routing and timing of services can yield improvements to the user experience by minimising the number of transfers and transfer time.
Transport infrastructure investment assessment in an age of disruption
Proposing the best approach and practice to deal with the disruption and uncertainties.
Measuring and quantifying externalities in WA
Measuring and quantifying externalities for WA. Properly measured and quantified externalities ensure that the costs to society are measured and quantified properly.
- Supply side: Simulating the traffic impact of AVs and CAVs & Demand responsive transport
- Demand side: Modelling how AVs/CAVs might change transport demand through integrated land use – transport modelling
- Applying machine learning and other data analytics to traffic data such as short-term traffic prediction
- Smart card data analysis for Public Transport
Artificial Intelligence for traffic
- Optimisation for road network (pavement scheduling etc.)
- Perimeter control of traffic network
- Computer vision for traffic analysis